Welcoming your family’s newest arrival is our privilege. We will do everything we can to support you with the highest quality care during your pregnancy, delivery, and post partum period. A healthy pregnancy begins before conception. We will counsel you on what you can do to prepare your body for motherhood. Once you know you are pregnant, we will help you mange any risk factors and see you regularly to monitor your baby’s growth and your health. We will order blood tests, ultrasound exams, and other tests as needed. Ultrasound exams are preformed in our office by highly skilled, friendly ultrasound technicians with high-tech equipment. We also offer lab services in house for all your prenatal blood testing.
You can relax knowing our familiar care is available 24/7. We offer an after hours answering service to reach the provider on call with any emergent issues. Dr. Kiran Patel and Dr. Akhil Patel proudly welcomes your newborn into the world at Thomas Memorial Hospital. Thomas Hospital’s newly re-modeled labor and delivery unit offers family-centered care, compassionate and supportive staff, a special care nursery with a neonatologist on staff and a warm welcome to every new family. They offer a variety of childbirth and baby care classes, a breast feeding class and a lactation consultant. They even offer a free car seat to get your new arrival home safely.
- Routine and High Risk Obstetrics
- Fertility/Infertility Contraception
- Preconceptional Counseling
- 3D/4D Ultrasound
- Routine Prenatal Labs
- Cystic Fibrosis Screening
- AFP (Neural Tube-Spinal-Defect)
- Glucose Screening for Gestational Diabetes
- Non-Invasive Genetic Testing
Is This Medication Safe?
Click here to see a list of common medications that are considered safe during pregnancy. Please contact us with any questions.
Questions After Hours
We offer an after hours phone that will be relayed to a provider who will promptly return your call.
What Can I Eat?
Click here to get information from the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG) on nutritional guidelines.
Our practice offers a full spectrum of gynecology services.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Routine gynecologic visits
- Pap smears and cervical cancer screening
- Infertility services
- Breast and Ovarian cancer screening
- Abnormal pap smears and cervical dysplasia
- Endometrial biopsy
Want to Learn More?
Click on the underlined products to be taken to their website to learn more information
- da Vinci® Robotic Hysterectomy – Many women suffer from gynecologic conditions that may require a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus). Learn about all of your treatment and surgical options, including minimally invasive da Vinci® Hysterectomy.
- Liletta® IUD insertion – an FDA-approved intrauterine contraceptive system (also known as an IUD*) that is recommended for women who’ve had a child. It’s made of soft, flexible plastic and is placed by your healthcare provider during a routine office visit.
- Nexplanon® insertion – a small, soft, and flexible birth control implant—it’s just 4 centimeters in length. Your health care provider places it discreetly under the skin on the inside of your upper arm. This means it’s hidden from view. NEXPLANON provides up to 3 years of continuous pregnancy prevention.* That means no more daily, weekly, or monthly dosing routine.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists – as a proud member of ACOG, feel free to use their website as a resource, should you have any patient questions.
- Minerva – these invasive devices help physicians target the causes of AUB, rather than medicate the symptoms or remove the organ altogether. Each treatment is minimally invasive and, in many cases, is performed in the physician’s office.